Each application will be reviewed individually to ensure that the patient meets the hospice’s admission criteria, and to identify any potential supplies, equipment or education that will be required to safely care for the patient. A home visit may be required to assess and discuss if admission to hospice is appropriate.
If the patient is not accepted for admission, information and other available supportive services will be provided, reinforcing that the patient may apply again if circumstances change.
Criteria for Admission to Cornwall Hospice
- Full awareness of diagnosis and prognosis and acceptance of the philosophy of hospice care
- Valid Ontario health card
- Signed Do Not Resuscitate order
- Eligibility for services through the LHIN
- Durable power of attorney for personal care and for property
For more information on the admissions process, please contact Sandy Bertrand our Intake Coordinator at 613-938-2763 ext. 4131.