We will expand our “outdoor visiting” to allow families to prearrange visits with their loved ones with the following conditions:
Visits must be prearranged at least 48 hours in advance between the hours of 11 AM to 5 PM. Please contact coordinator, Shannon Ball at (613) 938-2763 ext. 4142.
Hospice has the right to cancel any outdoor visit for any concerns related to health and safety.
The coordinator will arrive 15 minutes ahead of schedule with their own mask to:
Announce to reception you are on site (outside), and require from the team station the bin that includes:
- Clipboard with guidelines and log sheet
- Pool noodle (to measure distance)
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant spray and cloth (to be replaced with clean cloth after visit)
- Garbage bag (small)
- Extra masks – cloth or disposable (only if family show up without a mask)
The coordinator is responsible to replenish supplies.
Set up outdoor chairs 2 meters (6 feet) apart, leaving room for resident
- No more than 4 people (including the resident) in total will gather together.
- No more than two families visiting at a time at both sites to start.
- The coordinator must ask all visitors the screening questions. If someone answers “yes” to any, they are to be asked to leave and go get tested for COVID-19. If support is required request assistance from staff.
- Visitors must wear masks covering face and nose at all times.
- Visitors will be asked to sanitize hands both prior to and after the visit.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 meters (6 feet) must be maintained between visitors from different households and the resident.
- No entry into the Hospice by visitors is permitted (other than the essential visitor) – not even for washroom use.
- Visits will be no longer than 1 hour in duration.
- Visitors will be asked to be mindful of other patients and limit noise.
- Visitors will be monitored for distancing and the use of masks. No food or drink is permitted for visitors during the visit.
- Chairs, clipboard, hand sanitizer, bin with disinfectant wipes will be wiped down following the visit.
- Blankets and clothing of resident will be changed after the visit, and the resident’s face and hands will be washed.